PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

He's not done yet (handguards)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: He's not done yet (handguards)   3/3/2010, 10:04 pm

So I was so proud of myself for getting the barkbuster installed, I wondered what was going to protect my hands from high speed pebbles, mud, rain, wind, the occasional flying squirrel... You know - "The rest of the story"

What do you like better? White or red? (Well my dog ate one of my white ones, so you better say red for now)

The original plan looked something like this: (Bill's famous "can't see the duct tape holding them on" technique)

Back to top Go down
griz901

PostSubject: Keep up, no mo coffee Sir..   3/3/2010, 10:13 pm

But this is what really happened tonight. And I actually thought it through before I started drilling holes (what a concept).

When I returned my super duper POS drill bit, I went across the street and picked up some of these:

Then I stared at the fasteners sitting next to my old deflectors

(hey Big Jer - see the ten year old Ryobi hand drill, upper right of frame? Yep, you guessed it!)
Back to top Go down
griz901

PostSubject: The hatchling   3/3/2010, 10:18 pm

So another bird brained size idea pops into my head (I might have to do some captain destructo stuff this summer with my sawzall)

Back to top Go down
griz901

PostSubject: got holes?   3/3/2010, 10:22 pm

And yes, it involves drilling more HOLES! Bwaa ha ha ha (Dr. Evil sound effects)

Hey you know what? No beers were harmed during the production of this stupidity episode. Go figure...

Back to top Go down
griz901

PostSubject: No more drilling pics   3/3/2010, 10:41 pm

Jump forward: five holes (I put one in the wrong spot the first time), four screws, four washers, and four locknuts.

Shazaam! Ka-pow! (I miss the old comic book sound effects)

Insta-deflector (re-use, recycle, regurgitate, whatever...)

That reminds me, I need to wire my grips

I think I like the white ones better, but I would have to heat them up and mold the plastic around the curves... maybe later...

And there ya go!

And yes, if you can't tell, I frequently amuse myself! But for now I've got a full tank of fuel to burn, fresh air filter, oil and filter, some clear roads and nice temps. Time to stop talking and start riding.

But look, what's that piece of clear plastic foil hanging down from the shelf, under the 30 year old saddle bags that didn't work out?

Tune in or tune out, but don't be "That guy"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He's not done yet (handguards)   

Back to top Go down

He's not done yet (handguards)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Bike Mods/Tech Tips/How To Articles-
Jump to: