PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GPS help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFlying"W"

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: GPS help   2/16/2010, 10:29 pm

I got my GPS for several reasons, not least of which is being able to keep track of my rides. But I have not been able to download any of the tracks from my GPS unit to MapSource. I have a Garmin CSx60, and really like the ease of use. I have been able to upload tracks to it, but when I click the connect button, it only gives maps as an option for download. I have the tracks saved and named, but I still cannot find them for download. Any idears?
Back to top Go down
griz901

Bike : Honda XR650R

PostSubject: Re: GPS help   2/17/2010, 3:49 pm

I know this is kind of a "is it out of gas" kind of response, but...

I'm new to mapsource, but I've been going into the help files and last night I saw a whole deal on downloading tracks from your device to your pc and the other way around.

But there was a little blurb about a setting so the mapsource recognizes your device. Is that any help? I can post a screen shot of the instruction if its any help.

griz
Back to top Go down
Gobius

Bike : KLX250S

PostSubject: Re: GPS help   2/17/2010, 3:54 pm

I have the same problem with my Garmin Quest. I can download tracks and everything to my main laptop, running Windows Vista. But I cannot download tracks to my netbook, which is running Windows XP. I can upload anything I want to the GPS, and I can download everything but tracks. I haven't been able to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
griz901

PostSubject: Re: GPS help   2/17/2010, 5:57 pm

Do you see this screen? Should be a checkbox for tracks to go from the gps to the computer (they say "upload", i.e. gps to computer).

Back to top Go down
griz901

PostSubject: Re: GPS help   2/23/2010, 6:54 pm

Did you figure out what it was?
Back to top Go down
TheFlying"W"

Bike : '03 WR450F, 2009 Vmax

PostSubject: Re: GPS help   2/23/2010, 8:14 pm

Thanks Griz for your help. Yes, that box appears when I hit the download from device button, but the only item that I can actually check off is the 'maps'. Everything else is there, but in greyscale and unavailable for selection. I am running Vista on my desktop, and everything else works just fine. I have uploaded the Western US basemap from TOPO 2008 to my unit, and it appears jsut fine. I just haven't been able to get my tracks off of the GPS unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS help   

Back to top Go down

GPS help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Ride Related :: GPS-
Jump to: