PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Off topic, region specific.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Nasty

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 38
Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

PostSubject: Off topic, region specific.   5/13/2009, 12:28 pm

Hey guys. I have a buddy that lives in Kennewick. We're planning to get some guys together and camp and boat the Columbia. Are there any decent dispersed camping/boating spots on or near the river?

Thanks!

P.S. I may even bring the bike!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
YamWOW!
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 591
Join date : 2009-01-01
Age : 47
Bike : 08' KTM 530 EXC-R, BMW F800GS

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/13/2009, 3:57 pm

Buck Nasty wrote:
Hey guys. I have a buddy that lives in Kennewick. We're planning to get some guys together and camp and boat the Columbia. Are there any decent dispersed camping/boating spots on or near the river?

Thanks!

P.S. I may even bring the bike!
What do you mean by dispersed? Some camp on the East side of Bateman's Island. I see people camping on the Snake also. I am fishing a bass derby this weekend on the local river.

_________________
YamWow! It's made in Japan. You know the Japanese make good stuff!


Last edited by YamWOW! on 5/13/2009, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dhally

avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2009-01-17
Bike : WR250R, Sherco 300i

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/13/2009, 8:05 pm

I'm not a boater, but I don't think there's any dispersed camping close to Kennewick on the Columbia. Their is a bit of current and no shelters or beaches. I do think there is some camping if you go up the Snake river far enough, maybe past a dam. There are also some campgrounds.

People do anchor in the Yakima delta.
Back to top Go down
ol guy

avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-02-20
Age : 70
Bike : 06- KLX 351

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/13/2009, 9:42 pm

I don't think there are any locks above Richland on the columbia. Below Richland there are lots of parks to pull into and several marinas. The snake has locks and you can go all the way to Lewiston. Also there are parks by the dams on the snake.
Back to top Go down
Buck Nasty

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 38
Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/13/2009, 11:01 pm

YamWOW! wrote:
Buck Nasty wrote:
Hey guys. I have a buddy that lives in Kennewick. We're planning to get some guys together and camp and boat the Columbia. Are there any decent dispersed camping/boating spots on or near the river?

Thanks!

P.S. I may even bring the bike!
What do you mean by dispersed? Some camp on the East side of Bateman's Island. I see people camping on the Snake also. I am fishing a bass derby this weekend on the local river.

By dispersed I mean, un-regulated, primitive areas where I can scream "F#CK" in a drunken rage at midnight. poser Thanks for the replies guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
RufusRide

avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-03-24
Age : 57
Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/15/2009, 4:40 pm

Sounds like my house on a saturday night!
Back to top Go down
Buck Nasty

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 38
Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/15/2009, 10:54 pm

RufusRide wrote:
Sounds like my house on a saturday night!

Let's hang out! :Cheeers: poser
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
Buck Nasty

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 38
Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/16/2009, 9:07 am

Well, it seems like primitive camping is tough to find in these parts. Any of y'all been to Crow Butte? Opinions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
richard.bessey

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Idea   5/16/2009, 6:45 pm

There is an island, above little goose dam you can boat to and do a primitive camp. Look it up on a map when you get a free moment.
Back to top Go down
http://richardbessey.com
Buck Nasty

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 38
Bike : '04 DRZ400, '00 CR250R

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/17/2009, 9:10 am

richard.bessey wrote:
There is an island, above little goose dam you can boat to and do a primitive camp. Look it up on a map when you get a free moment.

Thanks for the tip Richard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benddualsport.com
RufusRide

avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-03-24
Age : 57
Bike : 97 XR650L (NOW A 670)

PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   5/18/2009, 6:51 pm

You might try camping across from the gorge ampitheater when there is a good concert going. Its a big party most of the time and I believe its Public land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Off topic, region specific.   

Back to top Go down
 
Off topic, region specific.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Washington Riders :: Central-
Jump to: