PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BIKE SHOPPING

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZHAWK025

Bike : KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: BIKE SHOPPING   9/30/2014, 7:48 pm

Thinking about getting a "Big" bike.. I like the look of the new V-Strom 1000 but I really like KTM and I've read nothing but awesomeness about the new Adventure R.. Anybody have one of these? or the Triumph or the BMW? Although i think the Beemer may be out of my price range.. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mamacone

PostSubject: Re: BIKE SHOPPING   9/30/2014, 9:44 pm

Maybe a little bias, but if you want to be able to ride it like a dirt bike you can't beat the KTM's suspension and performance.  If your thinking mostly road riding and an occasional gravel/forest service road any of the mentioned will work.
Back to top Go down
dhally

Bike : WR250R, Sherco 300i

PostSubject: Re: BIKE SHOPPING   10/1/2014, 9:42 am

I got a Tiger 800 Roadie, and it's great on freeways, backroads, and pretty good on gravel roads too.  I haven't tried any rough stuff - not much ground clearance or suspension travel for that.

The triple engine is intoxicating.  The transmission on this bike is somewhat narrow ratio - first is sorta high for slow speed work and it spins a bit at 80.  Seems strange to have a narrow transmission since the engine has a wide power band.

I had a Vstrom 650 and couldn't get rid of the wind buffeting.  Don't know if the new 1000 is any better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIKE SHOPPING   

Back to top Go down

BIKE SHOPPING
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: