PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Getting in shape for the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fast_Ed

avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 49
Bike : 2007 KLR650

PostSubject: Getting in shape for the new season   1/14/2012, 8:15 am

Just wondering what, if any kind of exercising my DS brethren might do to get ready for the season? I had been out of the riding season for years, and had a tough time with my legs during extended rides. Definitely going to be doing lunges and squats, but would love to hear other regimines and routines.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAULER

avatar

Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-05-25
Bike : '81 XT500H, 2005 XR650L, 83 Big Red

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/14/2012, 11:06 am

Back to top Go down
Inspector
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1654
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 46
Bike : Beta 400rr

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/14/2012, 1:37 pm

I actually switch to a heavier beer. Seems as thou i drink a little less.

*squats are awesome and anything else to work the hips (thou i do nothing cause i'm lazy)
Back to top Go down
T.Low

avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2010-07-07
Bike : 2010 GasGas EC 450

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/14/2012, 6:19 pm

Fast_Ed wrote:
Just wondering what, if any kind of exercising my DS brethren might do to get ready for the season? I had been out of the riding season for years, and had a tough time with my legs during extended rides. Definitely going to be doing lunges and squats, but would love to hear other regimines and routines.



Not sure what you mean.
Back to top Go down
big jer

avatar

Posts : 539
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 49
Bike : XR650L , 990KTM

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/14/2012, 7:52 pm

never been in shape but this seems to help
Back to top Go down
Murray211

avatar

Posts : 146
Join date : 2011-01-27
Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/16/2012, 8:24 am

The Baja team I go to Mexico preps with a TRX system. Basically a set of straps that uses your own weight to torture you :) You can make it easier or harder by shortening or lengthening the straps.

Highly portable and does the work of all the machines you could buy, for $200. They are pretty cool. TRX Suspension system. I'm not allowed to post an affiliate link for them anywhere but my own site, but if you Google it, their site will come up. thumb
Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
Fast_Ed

avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 49
Bike : 2007 KLR650

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/16/2012, 11:26 am

Murray211 wrote:
The Baja team I go to Mexico preps with a TRX system. Basically a set of straps that uses your own weight to torture you :) You can make it easier or harder by shortening or lengthening the straps.

Highly portable and does the work of all the machines you could buy, for $200. They are pretty cool. TRX Suspension system. I'm not allowed to post an affiliate link for them anywhere but my own site, but if you Google it, their site will come up. thumb


Thanks for the info, looks very interesting. Now to scare up the $200 or so to get it.
Back to top Go down
RENO

avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-03-19
Bike : 07 KLR 650 2012 Cristini AWD 450DS

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/16/2012, 11:43 am

ive been swimming at the YMCA. easy on the knees and a full body workout with out weights. of course,,,, taking McD's off my menue helps too. lol
Back to top Go down
Murray211

avatar

Posts : 146
Join date : 2011-01-27
Bike : YZ250F, TRX250R, TRX450R & CRF230M/L

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/16/2012, 11:43 am

Some of the exercises look pretty nuts. I think one is called an atomic pushup. You hang your feet in the straps and do a push-up, then holding yourself up, bring you knees up in a crunch and then repeat... there's the super version too, requiring two trx systems:

http://youtu.be/dkHvVT70m6s









Back to top Go down
http://murray211.com
Shane

avatar

Posts : 843
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 41
Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   1/16/2012, 5:48 pm

<---------Fatty Mc-shane is also trying to improve the DR performance buy loosing some weight. Not dieting, trying to eat right. Its a BITCH ! Cut out sweets and now am working on no munchin after dinner. Doin ok and down 10 lbs since christmas. My horse power to weight ratio is improving.
Back to top Go down
Fast_Ed

avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 49
Bike : 2007 KLR650

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   2/18/2012, 8:05 am

Shane wrote:
<---------Fatty Mc-shane is also trying to improve the DR performance buy loosing some weight. Not dieting, trying to eat right. Its a BITCH ! Cut out sweets and now am working on no munchin after dinner. Doin ok and down 10 lbs since christmas. My horse power to weight ratio is improving.


Way to go Shane! I am just a weakling... Hate the rubber legs I get after a few hours of single track riding.
Back to top Go down
Shane

avatar

Posts : 843
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 41
Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   2/18/2012, 9:53 am

Getting gym membership this weekend, anyone wont to join me for some early morning workouts !
Back to top Go down
alward25

avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-01-25
Age : 39
Bike : Kawsaki KX 500, plated, 08 KLX 450, plated

PostSubject: working out   2/18/2012, 12:00 pm

Just started my diet and exercise plan this last week. Already down 5.5 pounds and counting. Goal is 40 lbs in 4 months. Faster would be better. Can a get a whoop whoop!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Getting in shape for the new season   

Back to top Go down
 
Getting in shape for the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: