PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Hodakaguy's Desert 530

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrownRoyal



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-11-12
Age : 29
Bike : 2013 KTM 690 Enduro R

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   12/30/2011, 9:15 am

Very nice ride. Congrates.
Back to top Go down
mamacone

avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   12/30/2011, 6:50 pm

As always very complete. I am not 100% on this but I think Tom has a shop manual downloaded on his phone? On a side note we thought it would be a good idea to get together and go over the tools everyone was carrying and try to elimante some weight. It did not work to well, none of us wanted to leave anything behind and we actually ended up adding a few more tools. On remote trips like this it is a good idea to be some what independent, crap happens and you never know when you might need to bail. Tom is great to ride with he is well prepared and a good mechanic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2009-01-01
Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   12/31/2011, 6:33 am

mamacone wrote:
As always very complete. I am not 100% on this but I think Tom has a shop manual downloaded on his phone? On a side note we thought it would be a good idea to get together and go over the tools everyone was carrying and try to elimante some weight. It did not work to well, none of us wanted to leave anything behind and we actually ended up adding a few more tools. On remote trips like this it is a good idea to be some what independent, crap happens and you never know when you might need to bail. Tom is great to ride with he is well prepared and a good mechanic. cheers

Good note on the shop manuals, I have both the XR650R and the 530EXC complete shop manuals saved in PDF format on my phone. Just added that to the list above, thanks! I did move the tool pack off my back and onto the rear pack this last trip...that was nice not having the extra weight on me.

Can't wait for the next trip!

Hodakaguy

_________________
13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
mrbracket

avatar

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-11-03
Age : 47
Bike : 2010 Husaberg FX450

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/6/2012, 11:49 am

Wow! I have a lot to learn!!! Thank you for posting this, it's time for me to do some shopping.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.moto-mule.com
Hodakaguy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2009-01-01
Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 9:06 am

mrbracket wrote:
Wow! I have a lot to learn!!! Thank you for posting this, it's time for me to do some shopping.....

No problem, yeah they can be money pits for sure.... big

Hodakaguy

_________________
13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
mjn

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 56
Bike : '03 KLR 650

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 11:02 am

Damn you and your 530..... I want one of those so freakin bad.



Part of me thinks I should sell my Z50A, my SL350, and the KLR650.... and get one.

I'll go thru this coming season with the KLR.... then we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2009-01-01
Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 1:36 pm

mjn wrote:
Damn you and your 530..... I want one of those so freakin bad.



Part of me thinks I should sell my Z50A, my SL350, and the KLR650.... and get one.

I'll go thru this coming season with the KLR.... then we'll see.

Z50A.....Hmmmm.....

Hodakaguy

_________________
13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
mjn

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 56
Bike : '03 KLR 650

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 1:45 pm

Yea... but IF I were to sell it, I couldn't sell it to a friend, cause I'd want (need) ALL the dough for it.. in the condition it is in right now, it'd bring somewhere around 2K on fleabay.



but I really don't wanna sell it....



I think if I don't RIDE a 530..... I won't really know what I'm missin'..... right?
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2009-01-01
Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 1:59 pm

mjn wrote:
Yea... but IF I were to sell it, I couldn't sell it to a friend, cause I'd want (need) ALL the dough for it.. in the condition it is in right now, it'd bring somewhere around 2K on fleabay.



but I really don't wanna sell it....



I think if I don't RIDE a 530..... I won't really know what I'm missin'..... right?

Yep, that's what Yamwow! said as well, I kept saying "here, try my 530 for a bit" and he would say "nah".....one day I got him to ride it for 15 min and his bike was up for sale 1 week later Evil6

What year is your Z50? I used to collect them, I have a couple basket case Z50's right now.

Hodakaguy

_________________
13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
mjn

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 56
Bike : '03 KLR 650

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 2:29 pm

It's a '69 K1 silvertag. 100% original right down to the Nitto tires. Runs like a top.

My daughter and I went thru 5 of 'em, all x-shriner bikes. This is the one I kept. She'd kill me if I sold it....

Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2009-01-01
Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   1/7/2012, 3:26 pm

mjn wrote:
It's a '69 K1 silvertag. 100% original right down to the Nitto tires. Runs like a top.

My daughter and I went thru 5 of 'em, all x-shriner bikes. This is the one I kept. She'd kill me if I sold it....


Very nice! tb

Hodakaguy

_________________
13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
KTM Kirkland

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2011-06-13
Age : 53
Bike : 2010 KTM 530 EXC Champion

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   4/24/2012, 9:23 am

Just a fantastic, rock solid equipment list, Tom.



Just ordered up a Shorai 14 battery and the 3.3 Clockworks tank - the extra gallon should really make a difference.

OEM 2.4 gal? Nuts!
Back to top Go down
4xPhil

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-10-09
Age : 60
Bike : KTM 530 EXC

PostSubject: Your "old" 530   5/1/2012, 3:50 pm

Just to update all, your "old" 530 is still purring just like the day it left you! GREAT bike!! It probably misses the high speed, long desert trips, but not the gear!!
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2009-01-01
Bike : 13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   8/2/2013, 6:52 am

Picked up a 530 again from Novacaine, he upgraded to a new 500.  Feels great to be on two wheels again.....oh yeah back in the game bananna.  The bike is pretty much farkled up already, I'll get the bars raised back up and install my graphics on the bike.  Can't wait to hit the trails again! 

Hodakaguy


_________________
13 KTM 500EXC - Orange Baby!

My Bike Setup List - CLICK HERE!

In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE
Adventure is Out There NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Riding Through History NV RR:  CLICK HERE
Oregon Outback RR: CLICK HERE

Back to top Go down
http://www.PacificNWDualsport.com
Romppy

avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-06-23
Bike : 2008 KTM 530 EXC, 2008 KTM 990

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   8/2/2013, 9:42 pm

cheers OrangeCoolaid
Back to top Go down
n16ht5

avatar

Posts : 550
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 31
Bike : 13 FE250, 14 FE501 Snowbike

PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   9/5/2013, 12:34 pm

that's a crazy looking headlight.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://Whitehorsephotography.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hodakaguy's Desert 530   

Back to top Go down
 
Hodakaguy's Desert 530
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Members Rides-
Jump to: