PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2010 Husaberg FX450

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrbracket

Bike : 2010 Husaberg FX450

PostSubject: 2010 Husaberg FX450   11/4/2011, 11:23 am

Hello everyone, new guy here! Great site, happy to have found it. I hope to meet some fun people to ride with and learn great new areas to ride.

I ride a Husaberg FX450, I wanted an FE450 but couldn't find one. I got very luckly when I titled the FX, they gave me a plate without even asking!! It's a super dirtbike and just OK on the road, it's gearing is a bit low for the road and I use it more on the dirt so I like to keep it that way.

The husaberg has a plastic subframe so adding a rack would be questionable. A subframe tank is avaliable, but a pain to install and remove, so once you installed it, you'd just leave it on and settle for a heavier bike. The thing I love most about the bike is how light it feels when it's moving, I would not want to loose that! So, to make my Husaberg more dualsport friendly I built a dual sport trailer to haul extra gas and gear. I can motor down to a riding area, set up camp, ditch the trailer, ride my lightweight bike, head back to camp, pack it all up and head home. Works pretty well, it's a great way to keep a light bike and be able to adventure ride, best of both for me.

Here's a pic of my setup:

Back to top Go down
http://www.moto-mule.com
Enduroguy

Bike : 08 KTM 530 EXC-R

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Husaberg FX450   11/7/2011, 12:30 pm

Ok, now thats pretty damn cool Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/enduroguy35

2010 Husaberg FX450
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: Members Rides-
Jump to: