PNWDS - PNWDualSport

A Place to Share Your Dual Sport Passion

Established Jan 03, 2009

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Big Gun rev box?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C Denny Run*

Bike : 2011 DRZ400s

PostSubject: Big Gun rev box?   6/8/2011, 2:57 pm

It looks like a pretty legit deal to me..... Anyone know anything about it? Experience with it? 1-3 HP for the price, seems well worth it.

Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400215561802&viewitem=#vi-content

Back to top Go down
Shane

Bike : 09' DR650SE

PostSubject: Re: Big Gun rev box?   6/8/2011, 3:37 pm

Over reving ? There are other mods like the 3x3 airbox mod and DJ jet kit that will improve just as much if not more with way better throttle response. Sounds like they get the hp from over reving. This is the rpm range you dont ride in much. you want the hp and torque down low, wich the airbox, jet kit, and exaust will do. With out sacraficeing engine reliability.

If it were mine i wouldnt do it. You want a dependable bike on the streets and deep in the woods. More of my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Big Gun rev box?   6/8/2011, 8:12 pm

C Denny Run* wrote:
It looks like a pretty legit deal to me..... Anyone know anything about it? Experience with it? 1-3 HP for the price, seems well worth it.

Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400215561802&viewitem=#vi-content

Don't waste your money on that. Like Shane said, do the 3X3 air box mod and get the JD jet kit. Much more performance for the money. Next up would be a full exhaust from MRD Racing. Next would probably be getting rid of that Mikuni carb, and getting a Keihin FCR MX carb. Maybe you could find a carb on ebay for a DR Z400E or kick start model as they have the Keihin carb. (Worth about 5-6 hp from carb alone) Also, the S model has a thicker cylinder base gasget than the dirt only models, which lowers the compression. The cams are different on the dirt only models too. You can find tons of info on your bike on Thumpertalk. Look for Eddie Sisnerros' DR Z400 engine build. He is getting about 60 hp from that motor.
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: Big Gun rev box?   6/9/2011, 10:57 am

Relaytech wrote:
C Denny Run* wrote:

Check it out:

Don't waste your money on that. Like Shane said, do the 3X3 air box mod and get the JD jet kit. Much more performance for the money. Next up would be a full exhaust from MRD Racing. Next would probably be getting rid of that Mikuni carb, and getting a Keihin FCR MX carb. Maybe you could find a carb on ebay for a DR Z400E or kick start model as they have the Keihin carb. (Worth about 5-6 hp from carb alone) Also, the S model has a thicker cylinder base gasget than the dirt only models, which lowers the compression. The cams are different on the dirt only models too. You can find tons of info on your bike on Thumpertalk. Look for Eddie Sisnerros' DR Z400 engine build. He is getting about 60 hp from that motor.

Cool, thanks man. 60HP is a huge jump fum the stock 35! Ha ha.. That things a monster. The 3x3/jet kit will be first in line, when it come to power mods. The DRZ E carb, boot, and air box are about $1500! It's definitely something I want to do, but it will have to come in time. I have a few other expensive hobbies I've been funding lately! Possibly too many, Ha ha. Exhaust will come soon though, as well as some other random things, like a gel seat, tail light/plate holder, LED stuff, ect ect.

Thanks again for your input man!
Back to top Go down
Relaytech

PostSubject: Re: Big Gun rev box?   6/9/2011, 9:51 pm

Here is a way better price on an even better carb than the stock DRZ Keihin: http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_keihin_drzfcrmx.htm
Back to top Go down
C Denny Run*

PostSubject: Re: Big Gun rev box?   6/10/2011, 6:15 am

Relaytech wrote:
Here is a way better price on an even better carb than the stock DRZ Keihin: http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_keihin_drzfcrmx.htm

You're the MAN! Link has been saved. Thanks bud, mucho appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Gun rev box?   

Back to top Go down

Big Gun rev box?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PNWDS - PNWDualSport :: Main :: General Bike Discussion-
Jump to: